Lieberman loves the UAE
While the entire country is against allowing the UAE the ability to control our major ports, Joe once again shows his strong loyality to Bush and Co..
This guy is just too much.
As the political firestorm was building over the Bush administration's decision to hand over control of six major U.S. ports to a company based in the United Arab Emirates, Sen. Joseph Lieberman was urging caution.Yes, but there is a big difference between a country like England and a country that has ties to terrorist groups controlling our ports.
"Dubai and the United Arab Emirates are allies of ours in the war on terrorism," the Connecticut Democrat said, in little noticed comments three days ago on ABC's "This Week."
"So I don't think we want to just because it's a Dubai company, even owned by the government, we want to exclude them from doing business here," he added.
Lieberman reminded: "The more you look at it, the fact is that a lot of terminals in America are already owned by foreign companies."
The former vice presidential candidate's position contrasted sharply with other members of his party - like Sens. Hillary Clinton and Charles Schumer - who immediately saw the ports deal as an opportunity to undermine President Bush's image of strength in the war on terror.
But Lieberman insisted that the Dubai deal did nothing to increase the vulnerabilities of an already under-protected U.S. ports system.
Okay, a country that has ties to terrorist groups and the country where several hijackers from 9-11 originated and Lieberman has no problem with a company (which is controlled by the UAE government) controlling our ports? Is he kidding?
Here's a scenario Joe, tell me what you think:
1. Bush gives control of our ports to DPWorld (a company controlled by the UAE government).
2. The blueprints of our ports somehow are smuggled from the UAE and somehow lands into the hands of Bin-Laden and his crew (remember him, he'e the guy who blew up the twin towers and the guy your buddy Bush can't seem to find because he's wasting his time in Iraq).
3. The terrorists (who want to kill us) study and carefully plan to sneak a nuclear device into a US port (give it 3-5 years).
4. The terrorists (who want to kill us) get the nuclear device into the US and BOOM.
5. Joe will be quoted as saying "There is no way the Bush administration could of anticipated that giving away control of our ports to the UAE would contribute to another terrorist attack happening on American soil."
Two words: Ned Lamont.